Proposal: PHP Gallery 2.0 integration with mythgallery (was Re: [mythtv] New mythgallery gl transition patch (Going OT PHP Gallery... ))

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 20:13:59 UTC 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 07:21, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Adam Egger wrote:
> > Which way do you want to cover? G2->MythG or MythG->G2? It would be
> > great to be able to create new galleries with pictures from
> > MythGallery. This way should be quite easy as there are several ways
> > to create galleries which we could use as basis for Myth.
>
> Well without having thouhght about it much, I was thinking of using the
> RSS feed available from G2 and just using that in Myth for a purely
> "viewing remote gallery in myth" type system.
>
> If we want to do the Myth->G2 bit, then I guess that would require
> speaking the Gallery Remote Protocol, which may be easier anyways..
>
> I've not really looked into the bones of it, just thought it would be a
> nice concept.
>
> I'll have a look at the Gallery Remote protocol and see what it actually
> is and then see what the best route forward is.
>
> I guess if it's not too complex then this would be a more flexible base
> than the RSS route, so I'll try and do it that way if I can.
>
> Like I say, I doubt I'll be able to do this very quickly as there is a
> lot going on in my life at the mo!
>
> Take care
>
> Col

It would seem to me to make more sense at this time to first get MythTV
viewing G2 galleries since most people will probably use the G2 web or java
interface to setup the galleries since you have to go through the whole
process of uploading pictures, etc.

Managing a G2 gallery through Myth would require a lot of UI considerations,
etc. that will take a while.

Steve