[mythtv] NTP config

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Oct 20 15:09:45 UTC 2005

Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

> In the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany - those i am certain of -
> programs can start more than 20 minutes later than announced. Not on
> all channels, some are worse than others, yet most channels are "late"
> by 23:00 or later. Which is why i am using a hard "end-late" setting
> on all recordings, and enough tuners so that recordings do not need to
> be back-to-back on the same tuner.

Wait a minute...  You're using start early/end late the way they were
designed to be used?  From reading the lists, it seems like you should
be using global pre-/post-roll, instead, and complaining on the list
when it doesn't get the end of your show.  ;)

(Note to anyone reading this:  I'm being sarcastic here.  Please, do
/not/ abuse pre-/post-roll and complain to the lists instead of
designing/configuring your system appropriately.  If you use the system
like Rudy does, it works.)

Mike