[mythtv] New mythgallery gl transition patch (zooming blend)

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Oct 19 20:23:20 UTC 2005

Mark Dobossy wrote:
> If any mythgallery users out there could please give my patch a  whirl,
> and give some feedback, I'd appreciate it.  It is simply a  modified
> version of the blend (gl) transition, that zooms/fades out  the previous
> picture, as the new picture fades in.  The patch file  adds the new
> transition- it will be in the mythgallery settings, and  is called "zoom
> blend (gl)".  The patch is attached to ticket #490:
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/490 .  Any feedback would be great!

Not currently up-to-date with mythgallery or myth generally with the
latest svn versions so can't give feedback but this is the best blend
ever invented.

If you want to give it it's proper name, I think it is called the "Ken
Burns Effect"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Burns#Ken_Burns_Effect

Probably worth editing the wiki to say MythTV will have it by v 0.19 :)

Col.