[mythtv] Feedback on svn

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Oct 19 13:20:56 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 03:06:48PM +0200, Adam Egger wrote:
> Hi -dev, hi Daniel,
>
> There's mostly negative feedback here, so I'd like to say that DVB-t
> works great now with yesterday's SVN builds, everything's fine with my
> EIT either. Tested on Debian32 and Debian64. Thanks!

Looking good.

One thing I'd say we need to look at is now that .mpg is the
default recording file type should we be doing anything differently
in the post processing stages (see the thread on transcode defaults)

> So I'd say DVB-t in Germany works great (for me ;) ).
>
> Anyone else with feedback?
>
> Adam
>
> PS: There are unneeded parts in mythtv-setup if DVB or EIT is used.
> Newbies often ask how to use the recording profiles with DVB (!). Also
> the Video Source screen is useless for DVB.
> I also find it quite strange to press ESC to save settings ;-)

I'd say we need a null/internal source setting, so that instead of
using one of the xmltv backends it just "joins the dots" when using
DVB EIT.

Stuart