[mythtv] regular full CPU load by mysqld if mythbackend is running

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Oct 19 11:33:07 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 07:24:10AM -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 12:06 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 12:01:53PM +0100, Mark Edwards wrote:
> > I was just thinking about something along those lines.
> > Wait till we have exhausted our event list before triggering
> > a reschedule.
> This would probably be a good thing. It might be nice to catch
> reschedules in the next couple hours immediately, but that would
> just be a bonus.

The quick version would be to change the condition on
line 121 of eithelper.cpp from

if (counter > 0)

if (counter > 0 && counter < EITHelper::kChunkSize)

That way if we've just inserted our 20 events this run
then there are obviously more to come, so don't bother
with the reschedule...

> BTW the EIT load is completely unnoticeable these days. :)

:-)

btw. I may save further enhancements till 0.20 work starts.

Stuart

Stuart