iPod & generic mp3 player support (was: Re: [mythtv] mythmusic tree construction - can it be changed ?)

Michael Haas hansi.urpils at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 21:44:06 UTC 2005

On 10/18/05, Lukas Kasprowicz <lukas.kasprowicz at online.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently writing some python code to export music to a mobile
> device.
> It uses the database to fetch the metadata, to export the songs which are
> highest rated in mythmusic. It does support amaroK (with mysql), too.
> It currently exports to usb mp3 stick and Windows CE devices.
> There is an article in the german wiki (only in german), but it is planned
> translate it into english.
> http://www.mythwiki.de/index.php/MythMusic-Mobile

Don't worry if you don't speak german, the script is almost self-explaining.
If you want to give it a try, you can download it at
http://maniacxs3.homelinux.net/mythtv/ . Untar it and look for the file
music.config - it contains the configuration. Mind you, Lukas' script looks
for this file in the current working directory. Make sure to check out the
--help option as well.

Have fun!