[mythtv] MythFlix (NetFlix Plugin)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Mon Oct 17 16:20:50 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-15 at 14:09 -0700, Velorider wrote:
> I'm new to Myth development so somethings I would have like to do I didn't
> because I haven't figured out how.  Foremost, I like to figure out the menu
> system so I can deploy the plug as mythflix and not a modified mythnews.
> Right now it using all the plumping for mythnews so installing mythflix will
> replace mythnews.

The menu change is to just add a new button to mainmenu.xml in the
theme you would like to use (or all the supported ones for a patch.)
You can copy the mythnews one and just change news to flix.

As for the code, create a copy of the mythnews directory and call it
mythflix. Replace news with flix though-out. And then contact whoever
wrote mythnews about combining functionality into a library.

-- Daniel