[mythtv] SVN 7495 error on mythmedia.cpp

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Oct 16 19:34:50 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 20:16 +0100, Graeme Hilton wrote:
> I get the following error when compiling SVN74

> Is this a problem with Myth, or a problem with my recently downloaded
> kernel headers?  I haven't knowingly changed anything else in the build
> environment.

Both, the kernel headers are supposed to add defines so that it is safe
to include them outside the kernel, and applications like MythTV are not
supposed to include kernel headers directly.

Because you have DVB enabled, and the DVB headers are not yet a
part of most Linux distributions, we grab them from the kernel.
If you want to fix this you can copy the DVB headers from your
kernel into /usr/include/linux and set that as you DVB includes
directory when you run ./configure.

-- Daniel