[mythtv] Recording failed, why?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Oct 14 18:34:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 20:21 +0200, Tino Keitel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> attached is a log of a failed recording, however, I can not see a clear
> reason why it failed. This is SVN 7307 with a WinTV Nova-T card. What
> is "PMT" here and what's wrong so that it can not be found?

I don't why the recorder's PMT wasn't set, but it is very important.
The PMT tells MythTV which audio and video streams to record.

Updating to the latest SVN should fix your problem. It uses
TVRec::TuningPMTCheck() to insure that the recorder's PMT is
set before the recorder is started up. The code you are using
is at least a few weeks old, there were a lot of changes going
on in the tuning code at that time.

-- Daniel