[mythtv] mythtranscode defaults

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Oct 14 03:47:09 UTC 2005

> There isn't a frontend option for mpeg2->mpeg2 transcoding is there? Only a
> command line one? I'd quite like to see this added before 0.19.

You can do it by creating a "MPEG-2" recording profile according to the
commit log:

http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/7057

Not sure if that lets you turn that on/off per recording or not since you
can now specify the transcoder profile on a per-scheduled-recording basis.
If that works, then we can just add a MPEG-2 transcoding (recording)
profile for people to pick from when transcoding.

--
Chris