AW: [mythtv] Development task list:

Joshua King jking_ok at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 13 23:41:26 UTC 2005

On 13/10/05 11:52 PM, "Keith C" <mythtv at keithandjill.com> wrote:
> First, embedded databases.  I've got a nice Mac laptop that goes on
> the road and runs MythFrontEnd pretty well.  But I can't take a
> backend with me.

If you're running Tiger you can take the backend with you -- mySQL is
downloadable for Mac OS X, and the backend compiles on Tiger since about
0.18 (no capturing though), but you have to keep switching
~/.mythtv/mysql.txt over and obviously move recordings over (when I was
doing this I used nuvexport's .nuv/sql output to do this).

> Various transcodes could coexist
> and could be used on different frontends.  And transcode profiles
> could select their own storage area, perhaps on a different backend.

This is nice, and I'd use it.

Joshua King