[mythtv] [patch] EIT memory leak

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sat Oct 8 15:12:06 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-08 at 13:03 +0100, Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> Adding a proper destructor to siparser looks like its done the
> trick. According to valgrind all the leaks that came from under
> siparser's table handling have gone :-)
Great.

> However there is another culprit, the table handling in
> mpegstreamdata. That appears to leaks as well, albeit quite
> slowly.
> Relevant bits of valgrind attached....

It looks like more than a few of these trace back to
AssemblePSIP() which is hacky TS->PES packet converter.
I wrote this in anticipation of replacing it with the
converter being used in the DVB code, but that converter
turned out to be buggier than I originally thought.

Anyway try adding a "delete psip;" as the very last line in
HandleTSTables() and see if that makes a difference.

-- Daniel