[mythtv] testing svn 7404 autoexpire?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Oct 8 06:52:34 UTC 2005

> I was one of the people having autoexpire problems, and I'm going to
> try it out, but I was just wondering, what problem(s) this changed
> supposed to correct?  Here's what I've seen myself, or heard reported:
>
> - Recordings deleting when they should not
> - Recordings not deleting when they should
> - Recording schedules getting changed around the same time as
> recordings are deleted.

This fixes the issue of auto-expire just plain not working for people
with preroll/overrecord or start-early/end-late times set since the
recent progstart/progend changes went into SVN to allow storing the
program's original starttime and endtime (in the new progstart/progend
fields) along with the actual recording starttime and endtime (still
in the starttime/endtime fields).

> What should I look for?

Might have fixed the 2nd one for you if you fall into the above category
with recordings that start at a time different than the original starttime
in the program table.

--
Chris