iPod and generic music player support (was: Re: [mythtv] Fwd: New MythMusic Theme - 4 bins)

Eskil Heyn Olsen myth at eskil.org
Fri Oct 7 20:22:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 16:08 -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:

> > libid3 - it's what kioslave's ipodslave uses... This email is going to
> > end up with me changing it to use libid3tag instead right ?
> Hehe, if it's not too much trouble, please.  mythmusic already uses libid3tag,
> and libid3 has historically been _very_ buggy (ie., I've had it truncate
> files to 0 bytes when updating tags, garble things completely, etc).

Right on. I'll look into it, doesn't look like they use it too heavily.

> Might just be able to use the existing decoder's metadata functions?

Good idea, especially if the ipod has files on it in other formats.
Although for the bigger part, I'll probably still rely on the ipod db
info instead of the tags in the file - they should be the same, but I do
know that an iPod can have files without tags but has a wellformed db
entry.

eskil
---