iPod and generic music player support (was: Re: [mythtv] Fwd: New MythMusic Theme - 4 bins)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 7 16:55:52 UTC 2005

Quoting "Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net>:

> I'd be curious to see what dependencies libgpod has... GNOME and KDE
> libraries are notorious for having all kinds of dependencies on the
> core desktop libraries... I doubt that would fly with Myth; I know I
> wouldn't want to have to install all the GNOME development libraries
> just to build Myth.

Looking at the configure script, the only required dependency is glib-2.0
It has an optional dependency on gdk-pixbuf which is used for artwork.

glib is a core library -- while the rest of gnome depends on glib, glib
has no external dependencies.  So, to build glibpod you'd only need to
add glib.  you dont need all of gnome or even gtk.

-derek