[mythtv] Various comments about myth Slashdot

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 21:23:37 UTC 2005

On Thursday 06 October 2005 17:14, Matt wrote:
> Also, with MythTV, if you come home from work, turn on the TV, see
> your 4
> hour ring buffer full and its in the middle of a movie, you hit RECORD
> and
> it wipes out the movie up to where you are now then starts recording,
> LAME!
> SageTV will tag the entire beginning of the show/movie to be part of
> the
> show/movie recording, so you get it all.

You actually leave MythTV watching LiveTV while you go out???

Anyway, this IIUC, this feature will be fixed soon once Isaac finishes
his re-work of LiveTV.

> MythTV is limited to a SINGLE recording directory, you can use LVM to
> span
> your disks to join together hard disks, but you can't use network
> disks
> then. (Im sure theres some hacky way to do it though). With SageTV, I
> can
> use the hard disks all over my house in all my computers on the LAN.
> So I
> got my two 250gb cards in my server machine, a 160 gig disk on another
> machine and a 300 gig disk ona linux machine with a Samba server..
> SageTV
> records to ALL of them.

There was a *very* long thread about this recently on either the -dev or
the -users list, IIRC... can't remember what the final consensus was,
though.  Check the archives.

-JAC