[mythtv] Development task list:

Keith C mythtv at keithandjill.com
Wed Oct 5 19:03:39 UTC 2005

On Oct 5, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Isaac Richards wrote:
>

>> I just want something that is:
>> - secure.
>> - Manages news, downloads, weblinks _easily_.
>>
>> I just don't have tons of time to update the website, and the
>> current stuff I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to update.
>> I basically had to gut out the administration files from phpnuke
>> for security reasons, so whenever I want to update things, I have
>> to log in and restore things, make my changes, then re-secure the
>> website.  It bites, really.
>>
>> I think the mythtv.info wiki move to mythtv.org should be finished
>> sometime this year.  Maybe.  =)
>>

> Have you thought about just making the whole thing a wiki?
> Mediawiki can lock pages to administrators and it is easy enough to
> do what you're looking for with the wiki software.  I think most
> CMS are cumbersome but if you're going to have the wiki anyways.
> On a side note, I really would like to contribute more to the
> documentation/wiki but it begs for a more official structure as a
> guideline to start and I'm afraid that just moving the .info stuff
> to .org lacks the adequate skeleton to make the information flow
> properly and be more useful to people.  Since it started on the
> side, it developed a somewhat halting flow for the information
> organization...

If you're just looking to have a news section and a few web pages,
perhaps something as simple as phpwebsite?

http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/

I recommend it to moderately computer skilled family members for
something easier to maintain than a nuke-style site.  It doesn't
really lend itself to a community maintained site, but it works for
centrally controlled content.

Keith C