[mythtv] Will it be accepted if I write it.

Robert Middleswarth robert at middleswarth.net
Mon Oct 3 22:02:04 UTC 2005

Well fighting with a problem I had last week with my home network of
myth backends I was looking at ways to try and make mythtv both easier
to find problems and second when something does go wrong it takes less
down in the process.  I missed several nights worth of shows because
myth handed crashed but it just stoped starting new recordings so it
looked like it was running but wasn't.

My Idea is to break down mythbackend into several smaller pices so that
if a bad command comes into the backend from a slave it wont also take
out the masters abilty to record and also the other slaves abilty as
well.  So I might miss one shown instead of an entire night worth in the
event of a problem.

To put it simply.  I want to start by 1st going thought and tring to
move threads out from mythbackend and into separt programs like
mythbackendschd, mythbackendtalk, etc. it might take me a while but
before I start put time towards that end I wanted to hear from to core
developers if that would be accepted if writen.

Robert