[mythtv] DVB/DAB/FM Radio Plugin

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Oct 3 15:30:03 UTC 2005

On Mon 3 October 2005 15:49, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> > But Issac has said many times that it can't be a plugin so I doubt
> > he would accept any solution that was.
>
> Yep, he's been very clear on this, and I agree with him.
> It should be part of the regular application, the reasons
> have all been gone through before so I'll just suggest
> searching the archives.

Ok ... so on the basis of what has been said so far it _won't_ be written as a
plugin :)

DVB Radio, being the easiest to implement would be a good starting point for
the work - build around that and then incorporate the other radio sources
later on.

> This wouldn't be too hard either, it is just a few changes
> in NVR. But here the problem is the lack of listings data.

Listings data is a hurdle, in the UK it's not too serious but I'm not sure
what radio listings are like in other countries. Might be worth talking to
the XMLTV guys about this.
--
Stuart Morgan