[mythtv] DVB/DAB/FM Radio Plugin (was EIT Broken)

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Mon Oct 3 14:16:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 02:57:29PM +0100, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Mon 3 October 2005 14:01, Tom Hughes wrote:
> > Why does everybody always want to do this in a plugin?
>
> I'd eventually want to see this as a core function but I very much doubt that
> Issac would let any new, unproven, coders loose on the main code.
>
> This isn't an idea which can be added patch by patch, it needs to be developed
> as a complete unit. So either we get Isaac and some other current developers
> on-board or we create a plug-in with the future aim of merging it into Myth.

Whichever way you feel inclined to do it I *strongly* suggest using
quilt.

That way you can build up a series of patches which implement the
functionality you want, and then you can feed that patches in in small
self contained pieces which are easy for review, or you can dump it
in one complete blob.

It makes it very easy to keep things in sync too

Stuart