[mythtv] [SVN7344] Live TV fails on second try

Jon Whitear jon at whitear.org
Mon Oct 3 04:36:00 UTC 2005

Bruce Markey wrote:

> This sounds too weird to be true and I wanted to get someone to
> verify this before filing a bug. Before starting to compose a
> message, I found this thread =).
>
> I too was having trouble with the second invocation of live TV
> but was having trouble debugging it. A little divide and conquer
> led to this surprising factor. Live TV fails the second time it
> is attemped when the "-l" flag is used(!)>

<snip>

> Can anyone else verify this?

'fraid not. I've updated to r7376 on the backend and done some more
testing, with inconsistent results.

Using this command line on the backend:-

/usr/local/bin/mythbackend -v record,channel -p
/var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid > /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.out 2>&1

I get these results on three tests:

1) Starting channel 7. I go into/out of tv 3 times OK. Change to channel
2, exit, and go back in OK. Exit and go back in  fails.
2) Starting channel 2. I go into live tv OK. Exit and go back in fails.
3) Starting channel 2. I go into live TV OK. Change to channel 7. Exit
and go back in OK (twice). Change to channel 2. Exit and go back in OK.
Exit and go back in fails.

Using this command line:-

/usr/local/bin/mythbackend -v record,channel -p
/var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid -l /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.out

1) Starting channel 2. I go into live tv OK. Exit and go back in fails.
2) Starting channel 2. I go into live tv OK. Change to channel 7. Exit
and go back in fails
3) Starting channel 7. I go into/out of tv OK. Exit and go back in fails.

And finally with this command line:-

/usr/local/bin/mythbackend -v record,channel

1) Starting channel 7. I go into/out of tv OK. Back into TV OK. Exit and
back into TV OK. Exit and back into TV fails.
2) Starting channel 7. I go into tv OK. Change to channel 2 OK. Exit and
back in OK. Exit and back in fails.
3) Starting channel 2. I go into tv OK. Exit and back in fails.

Looks to me like the presence of '-l' doesn't really have any impact. It
also looks like it doesn't matter which channel it is (which I had been
thinking was the case.)

Cheers,

Jon