[mythtv] EIT Broken?

Tomi Orava tomimo+mythtv-dev at ncircle.nullnet.fi
Sun Oct 2 13:58:12 UTC 2005

> On 10/2/05, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:
>
>> I don't know much about the EIT parsing code, but perhaps the time
>> per channel should be increased? Right now it is 60 seconds, which
>> may be a bit low. (it is on line 1210 in tv_rec...)
>
> I don't think it's the time. It also doesn't collect the EPG data when
> I watch LiveTV (what always worked for me lately). So it's not only
> the crawler that doesn't parse the EIT code.

Somehow I think that the problem you mention is very much related
to the one in http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/344.

At least in my case the problem existed already before the active EIT
scanner code was merged.

It would be just great to get some hints that might describe better how
the already parsed EIT events are supposed to be handled & inserted into
the database, as to me it looks like all the events are being parsed just
fine, it's just that the code in "EventHandler::AddSection" seems to loop
around for ever.

Regards,
Tomi Orava