[mythtv] EIT Broken?

Adam Egger mythtv2005 at bdam.de
Sun Oct 2 11:58:59 UTC 2005

On 10/2/05, Torbjörn Jansson <torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote:
> I'm running SVN rev 7373.
>
> Previously to get EIT data inserted i had to tune to one specific channel
> and then to another channel a few times, usualy switching 2 times got all
> data inserted.
> Each time i switched back and forth i got some EIT data inseted.
>
> But now this no longer works, no matter what i try i can't get it to insert
> any data.
> I know EIT is experimental but now it's gone from bad to worse.
>
> Any ideas what could be wrong?
> Will backend logs help?

Yes, it's known, there's already a thread in -dev about the broken
EIT. Daniel has implemented a great crawler which starts crawling
through your channel list when the backend is idle for 30seconds. It's
just a first design, just to see how it can be implemented.
It's a very good starting point and I'm very happy to have the
crawler, but we just need anyone with more knowledge about EIT who's
able to fix it. I was looking at it, but I wasn't able to find the
reason :/

Adam