[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r7363 -intrunk/mythtv/libs bydanielk

Mark Spieth mark at dclabs.com.au
Sat Oct 1 23:15:13 UTC 2005

> > unless you have a bt to help me. then I can investigate further.
> > cheers
> > mark
>
> Here's the one Jack Hyde posted:
>   http://www.jrh.net/myth/9-29-2005_mythbackend_bt.txt
>
> I'll hold off on utils.c until you have a look at it or Jack Hyde
> confirms that the utils.c part of the fix is needed.

sorry I missed that.
had a look and though bt says *ppktl = is the line, due to optimization, Id
tend not to believe it.

If it happens again, jack,
as well as the bt for that thread,
need
inf reg
disass av_find_stream_info

this appears to be a 64bit build too.

I think your patch would be pointless.
be better to put in an invalid check explicitly just before the write, or if
you want to catch the error completely in cas it happens
put a try/catch around the call to av_find_stream_info in avformatdecoder
(c++ exception handling). Ive used this trick a few times where Im using 3rd
party libs which arent as good as they should be.
nothing guaranteed and cant see how its happening without a stray ptr in
another thread blamming things.
cheers
mark