[mythtv] Automatic zoom to remove black borders for dvb

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sat Oct 1 15:01:36 UTC 2005

On Sat 1 October 2005 15:35, Dennis Tell wrote:
> Indeed. Thanks for that, just what I needed. The "fill" mode wasn't
> mentioned in the on screen menu, or in the keys.txt file, and I wasn't
> using "w" to access aspect ratio options, just the menu, so I never
> discovered it...
>
> About your suggestion; I'm wondering when and how the video stream aspect
> ratio would be incorrectly detected. Isn't it enough to set it once and for
> all for each channel?

I wish! Here in the UK they seem to mix all sorts of aspect ratios on a single
channel. I've seen it go from 4:3 for one program, to 16:9 for adverts and a
4:3 within 16:9 (borders all sides) for the following program.

Currently aspect ratio detection has been broken in Myth - it grabs the first
aspect ratio (say 4:3 in the ads) and uses that ratio throughout. I think
there is a ticket open.
--
Stuart Morgan