[mythtv] [PATCH] generic libavformat seek support (7)

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat May 28 18:37:45 UTC 2005

On 5/28/05, Mark Spieth <mark at dclabs.com.au> wrote:
> heres my updated patch for the new ffmpeg.
> found an extra bug in the url_fsize function. basically it couldnt work
> before. had to change the interface to url_seek so that it returns an
> int64_t as current pos. before it returned an int and 0 always which is a
> bit useless =) as a result a couple more files needed tweeks in libavformat.
> I took stuff out of ringbuffer seek for seekend and put it in
> avformatdecoder instead.
> may work better for mpegs now. tried it with all I had.
> john, give it a try with your replay tv stuff now. may be better.
> should be ok for cvs. commented out instrumentation in utils.c is still
> there if that is a problem isaac.
> Ill be able to fix any bugs tomorrow that people find.
> I am also seeing playback startup hiccups sometimes where it cant seem to
> read for at least 10 seconds sometimes but I suspect this is a completely
> different problem. tomorrow.
> also coming soon is audiosync adjust for those videos with lipsync issues.
> cheers
> mark

Very cool!  Yes, this works well.

It even works with my longer shows imported from my ReplayTV.  The
only issue I found, was trying to Fast Forward at greater than 3X
speed -- that causes it to freak out a little bit.   I don't do that
very often -- I only tried it as a test.

Thank you!


More information about the mythtv-dev mailing list