[mythtv] dvb zero length record

Tj NG htpc at treblid.dyndns.org
Sat May 28 09:33:03 UTC 2005

Tj NG wrote:

> If you still get the above mythbackend messages after applying this
> patch, please edit the file dvbchannel.cpp, go to line 810 and change
> the "3000" to some larger number (maybe change it to TUNER_INTERVAL?
> ).. I've run this patch for around 6 hrs now with 3000 and it  seems
> to work fine for me, recordings that in theory should fail previously
> are now recorded properly. Please tell me if this works for you, thanks.

BTW, now I'm not sure if this patch will help at all, it doesn't seem to
be that simple, but it takes abit of time for me to get a zero byte
recording.. Can somebody please apply the zero_dvb_test.patch, run
mythbackend with the "-v all" option, and try to make some recordings?
I'm still waiting for one to turn up (7 hrs of random recording is
probably not enough), if you got one before me, please post the relevant
section of the logs.....

For me, it's easier to get a zero byte recording if you use a single
card to record shows on different channels (i.e. 0300-0330 on channel A,
0330-0430 on channel B, and so on)... Set your recordings to end abit
late also.. Thanks....