[mythtv] [exp. patch] Signal UI for DVB/ATSC cards & SignalMonitor class for pcHDTV v4l2 drivers.

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Wed May 25 22:36:46 UTC 2005

The patch is here:
  http://www.cuymedia.net/patches/

First, it adds a pcHDTVSignalMonitor class which monitors the signal on
pcHDTV cards much like the existing DVBSignalMonitor class.

It updates the ScanWizard to use a slightly modified DVBSignalMonitor
API. The API modification is to allow for ScanWizard to use
pcHDTVSignalMonitor in the future, basically we add a "Lock"
signal and remove the DVB specific "DVB Status" signal, which
we were only using for the lock status anyway.

This also adds a "SIGNAL" backend->frontend message which allows
us to pop-up a signal status OSD. It also adds support for rendering
the OSD before the NVP is started, so we can use the same UI for
the signal status on initial startup and on channel changes. At
the moment signal status is only reported on initial startup, but
obviously this is slated for change.

This there is more info at the patch URL. Basically testing
at this point is reporting any crashes, making sure you can
start up LiveTV, and making sure that channel scan works for
your card if you are using DVB drivers.

The idea of the signal UI is to allow the user to change channel
and/or tuners before the recorder's RingBuffer starts up, since
we can't start it up if we can't get a signal lock. At this
point this functionality is absent, but I have added pre-NVP
osd rendering and added another state to TV, kState_WaitingForLiveTV,
which will allow me to add this functionality.

--
Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cat.nyu.edu>