[mythtv] Window border started appearing in recent cvs

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Tue May 24 15:39:56 UTC 2005

>It's not the screen resolution causing the problem. The code is in
>TV::Init(), around line 257 in "libs/libmythtv/tv_play.cpp".

Thanks I will have a poke around

>Have you
>tried a negative location? or using the GUI size for TV and making
>the GUI full screen?

Haven't tried a negative location, but I have played with all the other
options like GUI sizes, and even the next page where you can choose
different sizes for TV and gui.

>BTW We don't try to calculate the border dimensions, so if you use
>bordered windows you must account for that in the window placement.

Hmm, has this changed in the last 3 months though?

I don't deliberately use bordered windows, I just run the thing full
screen using a lightweight window manager.  I notice now that I can see
when myth fires up it very briefly appears non full screen and I can
just see a border animating to full screen (then no border visible).
This is new since I upgraded.

If I choose to run Myth in a window then I get the same problem with the
main window as well, ie it seems to be that the content is sized the
same as the full screen, but the bottom and right borders are on the
screen meaning the top and left borders and a few pixels of gui are
pushed off the top and left...

Very weird...

I guess I need to figure out why it's drawing the playback window with a
border at all and take it from there

Thanks

Ed W