[mythtv] Programming help.

Jochen Kühner jochen.kuehner at gmx.de
Fri May 20 09:55:44 UTC 2005

I’m currently working on e patch for mythgame to support amiga files.

Now I have a problem.

I very new to C++ so a experienced programmer could solve this fast!

…..

    QStringList rom_extensions;

    rom_extensions.append("adf");

    QString GameName;

    QString Genre(QObject::tr("Unknown"));

    int Year = 0;

    bool bRomFound;

    MythProgressDialog pdial(QObject::tr("Looking for Amiga games..."),
List->count());

    int progress = 0;

    for (QFileInfoListIterator it(*List); it; ++it)

    {

        pdial.setProgress(progress);

        progress++;

        QFileInfo Info(*it.current());

            {

                for (QStringList::Iterator i = rom_extensions.begin(); i !=
rom_extensions.end();

                {

                    if(Info.extension(false).lower() == *i)

                    {

                        GameName = Info.baseName(false);

                        bRomFound = true;

                        break;

                    }

                }

            }

            cout << GameName << endl;

            if(bRomFound)

            {

…..

This procedure get all the amiga disk images. But the Problem is, that I
need only one if the File name is for Exampe: “Giana 01.adf” “Giana 02.adf”
“Giana 03.adf” or “Summer1.adf” “Summer2.adf”.

I need one filename (as best without the number) and a counter how many
files ther are

Like: fnm = “Giana 0” , counter = 3   Fnm=”Summer” counter = 2

Anyone a Idea how this could be solved very easy???