[mythtv] Updated version of osx-packager script

Jason Gillis jgillis at acm.org
Tue May 10 20:45:50 UTC 2005

I think I might have figured it out...

I have been working on my own OSX build for the last couple days.  I got it
to build and run successfully today using the attached osx-packager.pl.
(I've only run remotely since I'm building via ssh from work.  I'll be doing
more testing as soon as I get home.)  When I run, it seems to find the
Iulius theme file, even though the build directories have been removed.

The key that I figured out today was the following steps:

      configure --prefix=../Resources ...
      qmake PREFIX=../Resources
      make
      find . -name Makefile rm {} \;
      configure --prefix={path to temporary build directory}
      qmake PREFIX={path to temporary build directory}
      make install

It looks like the second call to ./configure is required to get it setup
right.

I did notice that in the osx-packager.pl that was sent out earlier, that all
the plugins seem to be available to build.  From what I'm able to tell, not
all the plugins build on OSX.  The script I've used only includes those that
were in there before.  Mythmusic is on particular plugin that does not build
on OSX, as near as I can tell.

Jason