[mythtv] Updated version of osx-packager script

Eggert Thorlacius eggi-spam at menandmice.com
Mon May 9 09:16:47 UTC 2005

On 8.5.2005, at 07:26, Geoffrey Kruse wrote:

> On May 7, 2005, at 6:13 PM, Eggert Thorlacius wrote:
>

>> Attached is a an updated version of Jeremiah Morris' osx-
>> packager.pl script.  I have successfully run this script on MacOS
>> X Tiger to build todays CVS of MythFrontend with MythGallery and
>> MythWeather included.
>>

> Works great, except the application is not self contained like the
> previous one was.  When I move or get rid of the build folder,
> mythfrontend complains about missing themes.  Maybe we forgot to
> include the themes in the package?

No, the problem seems to be with the --prefix param to the configure
script.  I haven't been able to pin this down properly (because every
change I make is followed by a three hour compile), but apparently,
the prefix is used both to look for compile time dependancies and is
compiled into the MythTV source.  In the first case, it needs to be
set to the absolute path of the build directory, and in the second
case, it needs to be '../Resources'.  Because I never used the
original script before it broke, I only have a fuzzy idea about what
is supposed to be going on, but I'll keep working on this.

Eggert