[mythtv] EPG Improvements - Need some help

Brian C. Huffman huffman at graze.net
Thu May 5 18:00:18 UTC 2005

lmarlow at yahoo.com, Development of mythtv <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org> wrote:
> Why filter out channels not on that input or card?  I'd rather see all
channels and then have the input and/or card changed to
> whatever is needed for the channel I selected.  I think this would be much
more friendly for people who don't even know there are
> multiple cards/inputs.
>
> -Lee

That's very close, but the problem occurs when you see all channels including
those unique to a source / input that is currently in use and therefore
*couldn't* change.  I propose that you determine which sources are currently
*not* in use and then show a union of the lineups of those sources.

A suitable second alternative would be to do what Lee proposes but popup an
error if you attempt to select a channel that is unique to a busy source /
input.

-Brian