[mythtv] [PLUGIN] Key binding editor (MythControls)

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Thu May 5 13:38:30 UTC 2005

Micah F. Galizia wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 08:13 -0400, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>

>>Bruce Markey wrote:
>>

>>>Donavan, while you are looking at way to simplify the user options,
>>>maybe it might be worth considering having an Advanced Options
>>>module so that the pages and pages of the more arcane options
>>>don't need to be in the binaries at all but are still accessible
>>>by installing the module.
>>>

>>Ideally I'd like to introduce the concept of a "user experience level"
>>much like Xine has so that every setting has an associated level with it
>>and settings higher than the current users experience level don't get
>>shown.  The only problem with that is we'd end up with some screens only
>>having one or two items in them, so it needs to be done as part of the
>>settings UI rewrite for MythUI.
>>

>When/where is this rewrite discussion taking place?

It's been spread out over a variety of places, mostly irc if I remember
correctly.  What it boils down to is this:  MythUI will do away with Qt
based controls, when that happens the settings code will have to be
rewritten in such a way as to not need Qt based controls.  That task
falls on my shoulders, and in the process of taking care of that I'd
like to correct a few other issues.