[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv siparser changes....

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Wed May 4 18:39:02 UTC 2005

Quoting Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net>:
> I forgot to mention that there is a legitimate use for this patch.
> BBC Parliment channel carries 1 video stream and 3 audio streams.
> The video stream contains three smaller streams comprising of
> 2x BBC News 24 Interactive and 1x BBC Parliment.
> The 3 audio streams correspond to each video stream.

How does the xtraview patch fix this?  Are the audio streams mistyped as
something else (Sorry it's been a while since I looked at it)..

> At the moment you have to use +/- to change the audio channel.

And how would you change this?  Play all 3 at once? :)

> At some point in the future these will work like they do on a
> set top box, ie. The interactive stuff will all work, but that's
> a work in progress. (I'm working on it, but it'll take a while..)

For True interactive services would you not need access to all PIDs in the
transport stream?  What about rendering the interactive pages?

Taylor