[mythtv] Debugging mythtranscode

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed May 4 03:06:21 UTC 2005

[mailto:mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org]
> On Behalf Of Devan Lippman
> Sent: Wednesday, 4 May 2005 8:04 AM
>
> Currently every time that I transcode a file the commercial flaggings
> are ignored and the whole file is transcoded, this didn't use to be
> the case.

I'd just like to point out that I'm seeing something similar to this
too, after upgrading from CVS a few days after 0.17 to CVS from about a
week ago (a few days after the xvmc stuff). In my case, automatic
commercial detection doesn't work too well, so I add the cut points in
manually. After transcoding the file I find that the bits that were to
be removed are still there. The original recordings are from DVB (using
TS mode). Nothing in the log indicates that anything went terribly wrong
either. Haven't had a chance to look into it further yet.

Cheers,
-Kent