[mythtv] Get 'er done

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Tue May 3 23:00:17 UTC 2005

> I hope you guys have had a bit of time to get the feel for Jinzora and
> maybe even dig into the code a bit. I would love to work with
> one/some/all of you to get started on the relational database-driven
> backend. I've thought a lot about it and think the best way to do it
> will be to add tables to the existing database backend rather than
> starting from scratch; a lot of the features will work as-is this way.

I'm interested!  Shame no one else has stepped up though?

I'm not sure why we need quite so much work at all?  The best tack is
going to be to code the changes up as though they were improvements to
Mythmusic and then slip in Jinzora as a component of Mythweb with that
relevant interface to the new DB.

I don't think we really have an architecture for remotely controlling
mythmusic at this stage.  It could probably be bodged a little, but I
suspect that MFD/MFE might be more amenable to working with the slimzora
remote stuff.  However, it would be extremely nice to have this working
and be able to use a palm pilot to create playlists and remote control
the music jukebox!

I have a small amount of time to do some DB stuff.  Can you talk me
through the Jinzora side?

I hope some others will at least check out Jinzora and see how it could
be a huge improvement to Mythweb

Ed W