[mythtv] Can't scan or tune DVB-T in UK

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue May 3 16:16:16 UTC 2005

In message <20050503161139.13434.qmail at web31906.mail.mud.yahoo.com>
        Gareth Powell <gmmapowell at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It does work, as you say.  And I now have 36 channels.  I found though
> that I still have the same problem that got me going down this road,
> which is that the backend complains it doesn't have any PIDs.  But with
> some more digging, I've found that that seems to be because the
> dvb_pids table is empty.

The dvb_pids table is supposed to be empty - it isn't used anymore.

> I added the PIDs for ITV1 (which is the default channel 3) directly
> using MySQL and I was able to watch this station.  Which leads me to
> two questions:

The tables which used to hold PIDs are no longer used so whatever you
did probably had little effect.

> 1.  Am I doing something wrong that the PIDS table is not being filled
> in automatically when scanning? (the PIDs are returned in dvbscan)

Nope. PIDs are determined on the fly when tuning to a channel now
by reading the PMT and looking up the service ID to get the PIDs to
use.

> 2.  It used to be possible (on the older versions) to type in the PIDs
> - I thought in setup - but this doesn't seem to be an option anymore.
> Am I missing something?

Nope. That's intentional.

Tom

--