[mythtv] [experimental patch] Teletext decoder for IVTV cards

Frank Muenchow beebof at gmx.de
Tue May 3 12:47:24 UTC 2005

Isaac Richards schrieb:
> On Friday 29 April 2005 05:20 pm, Martin Barnasconi wrote:
>
>>Here the 2nd experimental patch for the teletext decoding for PVR/ cards
>>using the IVTV drivers. Expand the tar file from within the mythtv
>>directory and apply the patch.
>>This version is against todays CVS. Implemented in this patch is mosaic
>>support, transparent overlay ('W'), verbose with -v vbi and initial idea's
>>to support fast-link (FLOF) in bottom row. This is still a bit tricky, as I
>>would like to show the link only if the page where it is linked to is
>>available. Regular page updates are still necessary to update this bottom
>>FLOF row.
>

> What's needed for NTSC/CC support?  What's the status of this (readyness for
> CVS, etc)?  And wasn't there an additional patch to handle dvb better, as
> well?

Yes, there is an additional patch for dvb cards, see
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2005-March/033810.html
but this one is not ready for CVS because of the problems with the
"double free or corruption" error. I don't know yet why this happens.

Maybe somebody can give me a hint?  Add

case STREAM_TYPE_PRIVATE_DATA:

in static void pmt_cb() (in file libs/libavformat/mpegts.c)

just above the line if (!pmtInList(ts->pmt_pids_old,pid)) {

so that the data stream will be added.

Regards,
Frank