[mythtv] Current state of MythTv using Via XvMC VLD Hardware MPEG decoding

Geoffrey Kruse gkruse at gmail.com
Sun May 1 22:31:40 UTC 2005

On May 1, 2005, at 1:10 PM, Jason Flynn G7OCD wrote:

>> Does this square with what other folks are seeing?
>>

> I'm using XvMC on Nvidia and I'm seeing/hearing
> similar things. I've been getting major stuttering
> when the OSD is on when I have GL-sync on. If I
> recompile without GL-sync the OSD runs smooth.

I just started using XvMC because I just got an Nvidia 5200.  I also
have worse performance with the openGL sync turned on (with or
without OSD).  Although I am running on a rather underpowered system,
the cpu usage is almost exactly the same with or without XvMC
enabled.  Let me know if any logs would be helpful.

Geoff