[mythtv] What is the best way to implement overlapping recordings on one channel?

Paul Webster pjwebster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 23:34:54 UTC 2005

This sounds like a good idea. I recently scheduled a recording of
Stargate: Atlantis - Rising, followed directly by The Puppet Masters
and have since been pondering how to cut the first 10minutes of the
second recording and splice it onto the end of the first.

I like the first idea suggested, since I also have other recordings
that were fragmented due to nessecary reboots (timed inline with ad
breaks of course ;-P) while I was resolving DRI and XvMC issues with
my VIA Nehemiah based board.

I was thinking along the lines of perhaps linking individual
recordings and getting mythtranscode to splice them together into a
single recording, a-la comercial flagging and removal style. This
probably could be extended into allowing the start of one file to be
appended to the end of another.

Sinc Isaac apparently likes options, you could perhaps select whether
to delete the original recordings that were being spliced after
transcoding, or create and enter a new recording into the database,
allowing you to use the beginning and end of files for different
splices. In the case of splicing 3 or more files, you could perhaps
opt to have the middle files that were completely included to be
deleted after the merge...

Hmm. In fact, I think I might take a look into this myself this weekend...