[mythtv] CPU detection/optimization

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Wed Mar 30 23:38:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 13:48 -0800, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > BTW -mfpmath=sse gives approximately a 10-20% speed boost to MythTV
> > depending on various factors.
>
> So does this get printed in, then?  I was wondering why there was a flag
> for mmx but not sse.  would love to be able to do both (if it's not
> there already), esp. with flags so that I can actually build some
> optimized packages for other archs.

You can use --extra-cflags --extra-cxx-flags to change the compilation
options. However, please do not distribute these binaries unless you
tell the people downloading them to go to you for bug reports. If you
distribute these binaries, the people using them will probably not
know to recompile with standard options and confirming that the bug
exists in that build.

-- Daniel