[mythtv] Playback Symptoms, Need Advice

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Mar 30 00:07:17 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 07:00 pm, John Freer wrote:
> I used 0.16 with XvMC compiled in with a lot of success and none of
> these issues. How can I diagnose these problems?

You'd look at the output of mythfrontend during playback, and you'd see a
bunch of database errors related to the recordedmarkup table.  Then, you'd go
to the troubleshooting section of the docs and read how to repair a busted
database.  You'd then run mythcommflag and run through existing recordings
which would have the nice effect of fixing each and every one of your
symptoms.

Isaac