[mythtv] Re: Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 23:32:06 UTC 2005

Just to add my 2cents, I think I tend to agree with Dave.  I have seen
a couple of times where the OSD has overlapped, I think time-stretch
overlaps with anything else, and it is quite annoying.

I'll be quite now :P

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 13:07:28 -0600, David Engel <gigem at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 01:42:23PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > > Hence my comment about allowing this via osd.xml.  Pick a syntax to
> > > allow it, and I'll try to add it.
> >
> > There's already stuff in there to draw in a specific order.  That should be
> > enough, if the OSD theme is designed properly.  I'd rather think that you
> > should be fixing the theme, instead of disallowing stuff to overlap like
> > this.
>
> No, adjusting the draw order isn't enough.  I don't ever want one OSD
> set showing through the translucent part of another.  That makes for
> nice eye candy, but not a pleasing interface, IMHO.
>
> Furthermore, some input modes key off the status set being active.  It
> would be very confusing in these modes if the status set was active
> but was totally obscured by another OSD set.
>
> David
> --
> David Engel
> gigem at comcast.net

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.