[mythtv] Re: State of DVB ATSC

Mon Mar 28 17:52:09 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005, Doug Larrick wrote:

> Taylor Jacob wrote:

<snip>

> >>* I would like to see a more automatic connection from the
> >>auto-discovered  channels from the card and the Zap2it data.  Something
> >>as simple as just looking at the channel major and minor will work well
> >>for >90% of cases.  If I get some time I plan to look at this myself.  I
> >>think this is important; right now, hdtvrecorder users can get Zap2it
> >>set up, plug it into Myth, and it just works.  PSIP guide is all well
> >>and good, but it's missing an awful lot of info (episode titles, repeat
> >>status, original air date, etc.)
> >

> > This is a matter of fixing mythfilldatabase to do a fuzzy match on sources that
> > are attached to DVB cards..  I may do this sometime in the next week if I need
> > an easy victory.. I am starting to hit some walls for easy fixes right now.. :)
> >

> Yeah, not tough I agree.  The harder one is merging the guide data somehow.

This last weekend, I turned my frontend into a slave backend, and installed
my old HD-2000 card.  I decided to use the DVB drivers because I wanted to
use the 2.6.11 kernel.

Everything went real smooth, but I ended up with "duplicate" channels.
Zap2it returns the channel callsigns one way, the the DVD scan returned them
slightly different:

KOBDT vs. KOB-DT
KRQEDT vs KRQE-DT
KNMEDT vs KNME-HD

I went into mysql and updated the information in the zap2it channel entries
to contain the information that the DVD driver needs.  I then deleted all
the channels that the DVD scan generated.  Everything is now working
beautifully.

<snip>

> >>* Does recording capture PCR on channels where it's on a separate PID?
> >

> > Its supposed to.. Do you have any channels there that are like this?  I have
> > gotten some complaints about it not working, but the only thing I can find to
> > blame it at this point is mpegts.c..  If you do i'd love to get you to do some
> > testing..
>
> I do not.  John Poet does, or did at one point.

I actually forgot to test that channel, after getting the DVD driver working
with the HD-2000 card.  Taylor, if you want to what I have to deal with, I
talk about it here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/104641

<snip>

John