[mythtv] [patch] MythGame improvements

Barney Barumba b004908 at bsxl.com
Mon Mar 28 12:16:19 UTC 2005

>>Hope this is useful to someone as well as me!
>>

> I really like the sound of this!
>
> My idea was to have multiple root nodes for each sort order, then the
> first few nodes in each subtree become the next sort order or else the
> rest of the nodes are the items themselves.
>
> So you can start sorting by [Year] then you get perhaps "[By Name]" or
> else you get the list of years.  And so on down the tree.

Think I know what you mean - I'll be interested to see it in action.

> I had in mind that favourites might be a toggle so you get get quite
> deep down the tree and toggle favs on or off quickly to help locate a
> ROM, or pick a variation on the normal rom....

There may be a bit of a problem there - the way the tree list is
implemented each node in the UI holds the index of its associated item in
the item array. This was the original implementation and it worked fine
for me so I didn't change it. This is good as long as nodes are
continuously added to the tree but if you remove nodes (as in toggle favs
off) the index of the following nodes will be off.

I couldn't see an easy way of doing this, so once a node in the favourites
tree has been loaded it remains there even if the favourites are updated.
This is my first attempt with the QT / Myth library though, so there may
be something easy I'm missing.

> Anyway, I think you have done most of the ground work on this, I will
> try and have a look at implementing my variation based on what you have
> done.  Thanks for your work

I moved some stuff from the main game tree to the tree item class as well.
This should clean up the game tree code somewhat. Hopefully, all you
should have to do is implement a different algorithm for selecting the
child nodes in fillNode - most of the rest sould fall into place from
there.

Cheers,

Barney