[mythtv] [Patch] Support for remote control multimedia buttons(without lirc or xmodmap)

Micah F. Galizia mfgalizi at uwo.ca
Mon Mar 28 01:35:55 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-27-03 at 10:38 -0800, Thomas M. Pluth wrote:
> Can you point me to a good site for setting up evdev?  I have a gyration
> wireless keyboard / mouse package and an ATI RF remote I'd like to use with
> myth.   I rebuilt my kernel with evdev support and put your patch into myth,
> but I don't see anything happening.  Any help appreciated.

Evdev is just a wrapper to generalize all events (keyboard, mouse,
joystick touch screen), so you need the individual userland drivers too.
They are all under "Input Devices" in your kernel.

http://linuxconsole.sourceforge.net/input/input.html is the official
homepage.  Check out the SDK (the cvs module is ruby), and compile the
evtest utility.  This will tell you if its working or not.

There is other information about input devices that are actually
attached to your computer in /proc/bus/input

Thats all I can think of off of the top of my head.
--
Micah F. Galizia
mfgalizi at uwo.ca

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die
nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is
that he wants to live humbly for one."   --W. Stekel