[mythtv] Can VBI data be used for commercial detection?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Mar 28 01:06:16 UTC 2005

> Often commercials here in the us will have no closed captions at all.
> This would be an easy way to find the commercials.

The SageTV user working on comskip.exe for SageTV users (which was originally
based on my code in Myth but has undergone a major rewrite) has added CC
detection to his code.  He looks for certain phrases and adjusts the scores
on the video blocks based on whether certain phrases are found.  When I get
into coding CC detection in Myth, it will probably be something along the
same lines.

--

Chris