[mythtv] Proof of concept: Chromakey OSD

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 20:59:02 UTC 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 00:15:49 -0500 (EST), Andy Poling <andy at realbig.com> wrote:
> There's also a relatively small patch at the top of that page that is
> technically separate from the chromakey OSD work, but was critical in my
> progress from XvMC that crashed often to rock solid (but slightly slower) XvMC
> support.

> Mostly it removes some sections of code that release a mutex at what
> turned out to be a bad time.
> It also removes the second frame vertical offset fiddling since I'm convinced
> that XvMC is already doing that... and the results seemt o confirm my belief.
> It also has a small change to OpenGLVideoSync::WaitForFrame in vsync.cpp that
> prevents what I think is an aggravation of an already late situation.  Instead
> of forcing us to wait an entire frame if we're late, I don't wait at all.  I'm
> not certain the full impact of this, but it did help eliminate the prebuffer
> pauses.

I tried just this patch last night (not the full Chroma OSD), and the
"jumpyness" got far worse. Without the patch, I get jumpyness anytime
the OSD is onscreen. With the patch, the jumpyness stayed after the
OSD went away. To my novice eye, it appear to be taking frames out of
order every few seconds. (I run Bob deint)

Let me know what debugs you want to see, or that would be helpful. I
would LOVE to resolve the OSD / BoB / freezing issues with playback.