[mythtv] DVB recording issues

Lincoln Dale ltd at interlink.com.au
Wed Mar 23 22:40:52 UTC 2005

At 09:35 AM 24/03/2005, William Uther wrote:
>>The signal from the antenna cannot be too bad as a Teac DV-B300 STB runs
>>perfect on it. I have an amplifier on the line at the moment which I
>>need for SBS. Attenuating the VHF frequencies or removing the amp all
>>together do not affect anything besides my ability to receive SBS at
>>all. (i.e. same number of signal errors).
>
>i) I have a VisionPlus card and two DViCO FusionHDTV cards.  The
>VisionPlus card is just bad as far as I can see.  It gets many more errors
>than the Fusions on the same antenna.  Further discussion of this aspect
>should go to the users' list, or linuxtv list.  It may be a driver issue,
>but it doesn't seem to be a Myth issue.

i have a similar setup - two DVIDO FusionHDTV Plus cards and one VisionPlus
DVB-T (identified as a Twinam in linux).

while i agree that the VisionPlus has a lower-quality tuner than the DVICO
cards (signal strength/quality not quite as good), with a correct antenna
setup, this does not cause any quality issues.

cheers,

lincoln.